I got to borrow this lens yesterday.
- You can’t zoom in and out with this lens while shooting video because of the aperture stops that you pass through
- The IS works amazingly well, almost as good as my camcorder.
- It is much heavier than my 50mm prime.
- I think I need an ND filter sooner outside than I do with the 50mm prime.
- It makes shooting video more complex, but shooting pictures is pretty fun.
- Is it a good travel lens if it is some much heavier than the 50mm prime?
I got this comment on YouTube I thought I would share:
you can zoom in and out when recording, you just have to set the aperture at or above 5.6 🙂