Even though Mark normally talks about photography in his show I have found that I have learned a lot about DSLR video from him as well. Also his videos are of a very high quality.
This interview is a bit longer than my normal video but I figure most of you are on vacation or goofing off at work this week over the holidays – so enjoy.
Mark’s SnapFactory YouTube channel. (This has all his videos)
You can Subscribe on ITunes and watch it on your mobile device if you like.
Questions I Asked Mark Wallace
- Mark how did you get started in photography and are you starting to shoot video lately with the DSLR’s?
- I really need help in buying some better lights for my video studio in my basement, can you help me pick out some out? I am looking softboxes that are not too expensive but are easy to setup and take down and that can work well in mixed lighting situations. Do you have any recommendations?
- What type of camera do you use to shoot your episodes of AdoramaTV?
- After I watched your video on the Digital Calibration Target I purchased one from Adorama and I have been using it with my DSLR to help me get the perfect exposure for my videos. But in my non linear editor when I try to maximize the contrast in my videos, I am not getting the same result as you did with the tree example you showed, do you have any tricks I can try to help me out?
- I am quickly learning how important fast glass is when shooting video with my T2i. I am looking for a Canon wide angle lens below 28mm that is fast but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, do you have any suggestions for me?
How Did I Make This Video?
Some people are asking how I created this video interview, nope it was not Skype. To best explain it watch how Mark does it because I just copied his idea.