Find pricing on the Panasonic LX100 here.
I didn’t do my normal long review with this camera, if you are looking for more info check out Chris and Jordan’s LX100 review video they do a great job reviewing this camera. I did not have a ton of time because I was working on my Panasonic GH4 course. Chris I think is one of the best camera reviewers out there on YouTube.
I already have two cameras, do I need a third? I could just use my Sony a7S with pancake (of they made one) but Sony is not making lenses for the FE mount fast enough.
Things I Like:
- Nice for vacations
- So nice to have peaking and zebras!
- Marco not close enough for me, but you have 4k to crop in!
- In winter jacket didn’t notice it and forget it was there.
- Slow motion is different then the GH4. You can hear the audio using a VFR.
Things I don’t like:
- “Bummer” no audio input!
- Color changes from pic to record movie, you don’t get a preview before you start recording.
- Need ND filter which takes the simple factor way from this camera
- You can’t ramp the speed of the zoom, only one speed
- Battery and card will not come out unless you take off mounting plate
- Hard to hold with one hand and shoot for me
- Turning AF off is awkward
- Eye cup could be a little bigger, find myself cupping my hands around it with bright snow on ground.
- So light you can see small imperfections in a slider.
- Heavier than I thought it would be
- It the ia button confused me many times but hitting it by accident. Missing menu items when on.
- Electronic shutter can’t be used during night time lapse, not slow enough
- Cost so much because of the lens?
- Sucks not having flip out screen in the wet snow. Knees get wet.
- No audio input, no buy.
- New gimble might work on GH4 so might not need something this small.
Thanks for Kate for modeling for me at our lunch.