Is anyone else having this Steadyshot (or OSS) issue with their Sony a6500?
I just updated the a6500 firmware to 1.02.
Lens firmware for my lenses as of 4/7/17:
- 55mm 1.8 version 01
- 18-105mm version 02
- 10-18mm version 01
- 70-200mm version 02
- 16-70mm version 01
My a6500 serial is 3371913 ,new on Dec 15 2016. I have never dropped the camera and it has been doing it since I got it. I have not touch the sensor with any cleaning swabs yet either.
Common items from others:
After reading the comments on YouTube it seems like I am not the only one having this issue. However to be fair some people said they do not have this issue.
- Happens more often when panning and tilting up at the same time.
- Happens with many different Sony lenses that have OSS
- Worse when shooting handheld at frame rates lower than 60fps
- Happens even when changing the ibis from auto to ‘manual focal length’
Settings when the micro jitters has occurred:
- clear image zoom enabled is enable
- AF area is set to wide, also set to single point
- AF-C is turned on
- Center Lock AF is On
- AF drive speed = slow
- AF Track Sens = standard
- Steadyshot is set to auto for focal length
- Face detection is turned on
- 4k XAVCS, 1/50th shutter, 24fps
Settings when the micro jitters has Not occurred:
- When Steadyshot is Off and AF is turned on/off
- When Steadyshot is On and AF is turned Off