Great for daytime outdoor sports
Comparison Results 200mm f/4 vs 300mm f/4.5-5.6
- 300mm overall has better sharpness especially in the corners, tie in the center
- 300mm wins for C.A.
- 200mm wins big for contrast especially at 70mm, the 300mm gets much better at 200mm for contrast
- I used Lightroom’s default corrections they both looks fine for vignetting.
- If you don’t use the 300mm lens wide open at 70mm, I would say it’s the better for outdoor sports during the day.
- The 200mm is larger than the 300mm.
- The 200mm is white which screams pro, sometimes I don’t want to be seen as a pro sometimes.
- 300mm extends out when zooming the 200mm stays it’s size
Slow to focus like any really long lens.