I just got in to LA for the VidCon conference a couple hours ago and since I have a nice hotel room on the 12th floor I thought I would copy Philip Bloom and try to do my first time lapse.
I actually have a balcony that I can walk out on which is a bit scary considering that LA had an earthquake less than 24 hours ago!
Update 7/12/2010: I am back home now and got to edit the time lapse from the t2i and it looks like I still have a ton to learn.
Please let me know if you think if I need to change my settings for the next time lapse.
I will try to upload a video that shows how I processed the images once I had them on my computer.
My First Try at Time Lapse
Here are the settings I am currently shooting with:
- Manual focus
- 50mm prime lens – I also used my zoom too
- Single shot setting
- Auto ISO [I will try setting this to a fixed setting next time to get rid of the flickering effect]
- AWB [I will try setting this to a fixed setting next time]
- ‘S’ jpg resolution (start out small for the test so I don’t waste too much time if it sucks) [Try ‘L’ next time so I can zoom]
- F8.0 aperture
- Aperture Priority mode
- Standard picture style [try landscape next time]
- Auto light optimizer disabled
- 3 second timer on the Timer Remote [try 1 second next time for faster moving clouds]
- Evaluative metering mode
- Next time I will try dragging the shutter to get a smoother look.